Sunday, 28 March 2010

care to join?

I cannot tell you how happy I am to be at the beach for two weeks!! It was a crazy long and cold winter - and the journey here was a challenge. The airline split up our seats so we had 3 together and then 1 on the other side of the plane. Brian and I swapped seats every 2.5-3 hrs. I did get to watch a couple of movies and take a nap which was nice. So we are here and it's awesome and I am just so happy. Living in a major city has it's perks but it gets under my skin and I really start to feel anxious and irritable after a while. It's good to be back in the good ol' US of A. My heart and soul are just itching to feel inspired by the beauty and peacefulness of this place and the smiles it puts on all of our faces. Beginning April 1st I will be doing this online workshop. I'm looking forward to being motivated and challenging my creativity which has lied dormant for far too long. This summer I am going to be taking the plunge and doing an IRL workshop with one of my fave photogs but until then I am going to try to take my skills to the next level ... whatever that is!

the kitchen table series
IMG_4847IMG_5004
IMG_5010
bye!!!!
IMG_5034
tea time
IMG_5087
IMG_5092
IMG_5094

8 comments:

Elizabeth Frick said...

Oh, the beach sounds so lovely right now! Can I tag along? And Olive? She'd love hanging with Ruby! Enjoy your stay and being out of the city.

Christine said...

This made me laugh a little since we live in a beach community and are headed into NYC this week because "I'm going to go crazy if I don't get a little hustle and a little bustle" (that's what I put in my email to hubby)
I'm so intrigued by that workshop (I was just telling Doug that I need something like that to inspire me) but April is the worst month for me... Hmmph. ;-)

Amanda said...

Oooh! We're headed to FL on Thursday! What part are you going to be in? We'll be in St.Pete's along with a daytrip to Disney.

That workshop sounds fun! And I can't wait to hear more about the RL one too!

kelly said...

I love all your photos - will be fun to take it to another level. Enjoy the beach, sounds lovely!!

Hannah said...

Love the 'kitchen table series'! Yep, signed up :))

Krista said...

A beach? sounds perfect just about now - I'm sick of the cold too. Enjoy the sun!

kerryanne said...

ENJOY!!!!!

Lyndsay said...

Great pictures!!
I hope you're all having a wonderful beach holiday! Can't wait for the beach pics!